Quotes Parent’s Gratitude – With a small gift like a nice thank you, we put a well-deserved smile on their faces.
The best thing to do is to get a nice thank you card and think of nice words for mum and dad. This should not only be done by children who are 5 to 10 years old!
Thank you quotes, rhymes, and words of wisdom are all welcome if they fit the parents’ lives. And sayings about the family can help you a lot on the jumps!
In this post, you’ll find beautiful thank you quotes for special people, quotes about gratitude, and masterful poems that express gratitude for inspiration.
Gratitude Parenting Quotes – Thank you quotes from the bottom of my heart
Are you looking for the right words for the thank you card without success? Then you will find great suggestions here.
Combine the thank you of your choice or your personal words with a nice mom saying and a great dad poem! There are also funny sayings if you want to break up the solemn tone.
And when it comes to congratulations for Mother’s Day, you’ll also find suitable gift ideas for mom with us.
Thank you quotes from the bottom of my heart
1. “You have always loved, cared for, guided me. Without limiting my own choices. This is not a matter of course, even if the myth of parental love is sung about everywhere. You are a true example and thank you from the bottom of my heart!”
2. “I thank God for the blessing of having parents like that. And I thank you for all the effort, support, sacrifice, and love that have brought me to self-confidence and beautiful life!”
Thank you quotes from the bottom of my heart
3. “Thank you so much for your upbringing and care every day! For every day of your sorrows. For every silent prayer, you raised to heaven for me. And thank you for everything that I don’t even suspect. Thank you for always being able to count on Mom and Dad!”
4. “Thank you for the life you gave me. Thank you to the world for giving me the best of parents. I will carry this beautiful feeling of gratitude with me for the rest of my life and will remind you of it regularly.”
5. “Thank you, dear parents, that even as an adult I can always be a child with you! That I feel safe with you, safe, accepted. That you give me a thousand good reasons to love life. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!”
6. “Thank you for the strength and courage. Thanks for teaching me to grit my teeth. That you didn’t wrap me in cotton candy and always had faith in me. Thank you for being such wonderful parents!”
7. “Thank you for your yes to my being.
Thank you for saying no to my being.
Both bring me closer.”
– Irina Rauthmann (*1958), German aphorist and poet
8. “I thank God for giving you a good heart.
And thank you for showing me.”
9. “Thank you so much for your efforts, your gentle voices, loving home, and constant support! Just as you have always been there for me, I want to be there for you too!”
Quotes for parents out of gratitude – wisdom from Franz Kafka and other authors
The world-famous modernist writer, Franz Kafka, said about 100 years ago: “The parents who expect gratitude from their children (there are even those who demand it) are like usurers, they are willing to risk capital if only get enough interest.”
There are certainly many opinions divided on this quote. Is it inappropriate to expect thanks? Does lack of gratitude mean the opposite, namely ingratitude?
Perhaps sayings about ingratitude will also help to answer this question…
Anyway, here are quotes about why it’s important to say thank you. Short and sweet, they are well suited for WhatsApp.
Wisdom from some authors
1. “Thanking is the strongest thought and costs nothing.”
– Ebo Rau (*1945), German physician
2. “Thank you is the shortest, most effective prayer and echoes…”
– Bruno O. Sörensen (*1936), businessman and author
3. “Those who cannot say thank you will eventually ask in vain.”
– Fred Ammon (*1930), aphorist
4. “Thank you for every gift – so each one becomes a blessing to you!”
– Johann Caspar Lavater (1741 – 1801), Swiss pastor, philosopher, and writer
5. “Every happy moment is a grace and must be a thank you.”
– Theodor Fontane (1819 – 1898), German writer and journalist
6. “Better to say thank you for something good than what you don’t have to complain about!”
– Gudrun Zydek (*1944), German writer
7. “‘Thank you’ is a nice word, even if it’s just said out of embarrassed politeness.”
– Ernst Reinhardt (*1932), Dr. phil., Swiss publicist and aphorist
8. “Give thanks by singing and dancing as the suns and stars in the sky do.”
– Zarathustra (7th/6th century BC), prophetic reformer of the ancient Iranian religion, founder of Zoroastrianism
9. “If the word ‘thank you were the only prayer you ever said, it would suffice.”
– Meister Eckhart (1260 – 1327), German mystic and provincial of the Dominicans
10. “Better thank you for what you got; wait for the other and be happy that you don’t have everything yet.”
– Lucius Annaeus Seneca (c. 4 BC – 65 AD), Roman philosopher, Stoic, writer, naturalist, and politician
11. “There are so many things that can’t be bought with money, but with a smile, a thoughtful gesture, a ‘thank you.”
– Léon-Joseph Suenens (1904 – 1996), Belgian Catholic cleric, archbishop, and cardinal
More clever and beautiful sayings about gratitude
It is no coincidence that one can read in many media how important gratitude is for one’s own satisfaction. Gratitude is even said to protect against despondency and depression.
So it’s not only appropriate to say thank you. The feeling is also essential. What could be nicer than when your parents give you that too!
From time to time, say thank you with a saying that says: Nice that you exist!
The following quotes are for thought.
1. “Escape from gratitude betrays a heart that struggles with gratitude.”
– Paul Heyse (1830 – 1914), German writer and translator, Nobel Prize in Literature 1910
2. “Those who immediately ask for thanks for everything are seldom worthy of thanks.”
– Johannes Trojan (1837 – 1915), German humorist, poet, and editor
3. “We thank people for birthday gifts. Can’t thank anyone for the birth birthday present?”
– G.K. Chesterton (1874 – 1936), English writer and journalist
4. “Don’t forget the beginning, the thanks!”
– Albert Schweitzer (1875 – 1965), German-French doctor, theologian, musician, and cultural philosopher, winner of the 1952 Nobel Peace Prize
5. “Unfortunately, true gratitude cannot be expressed in words, nor should it think of immediate retribution.”
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 – 1832), the most famous German poet
6. “In every high joy there is a feeling of gratitude.”
– Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach (1830 – 1916), Austrian writer
7. “He’s too full to say thank you.”
– Wilhelm Busch (1832 – 1908), German draftsman, painter, and writer
8. “Thanks with your mouth:
has little reason.
is good sound.
Thanks for the action:
that’s my advice.
– Robert Reinick (1805 – 1852), German painter and poet
Gratitude Quotes for Parents – Acknowledgments in Poems
Do you want to know how elaborate acknowledgments in poetry can be? Here come real gems of poetry about parental love from well-known authors.
Captured in sayings, they cut a very nice figure and are suitable for sharing on WhatsApp or another digital platform.
These are lines for the soul!
“Thank you mother for life,
for the love that belongs to us
thank you mother for giving
for your being on this earth.
could we hold you forever
always in this world
you would make them so beautiful
that no shadow falls on them.
Let us also thank the Lord God
simply that there are mothers
nobody will waver in life,
if a mother loves him.”
“Your hands are life
your eyes are light
I say thank you every day
for the freshness of the morning
of beauty and closeness
with which you brighten my life.
your trust and understanding
Your security and strength
reflect the look in me
Your closeness is warmth
your love, your face
I thank you for you
because it’s nice that you exist.”
– Ladore de Schygall (*1971), German author and publicist
“I lay my head in your lap,
from which I emerged
and thank you for my life
Paula Modersohn-Becker (1876 – 1907), German painter
you calmed me down
in your silence
and saved me
in your smile
I would have time
to be me
– Elmar Kupke (1942 – 2018) and Hans-Christoph Neuert (1958 – 2011), German aphorists and poets
Parents whom I tenderly honor
My heart is full of gratitude today!
May the faithful God multiply this year,
What refreshes them at any time!
The Lord, the source of all joy,
Always remain your consolation and share;
His word be the willow of your heart
And Jesus your desired salvation.
I thank you before all love rehearsals:
Above all care and patience,
My heart shall praise all goodness,
And always take comfort in your mercy.
Obedience, diligence, and tender love
I promise this year.
The Lord gives me only good instincts,
And make all my wishes come true. Amen”
– Friedrich von Schiller (1759 – 1805), German writer, doctor, philosopher and historian
Everyone likes nice words of thanks. Of course, they should be honest and come from the heart. And the best thing to do is to link them to an act.
When was the last time you thanked your parents? There doesn’t have to be a special reason. Think about what these people have done and accomplished for you.
Quotes for parents out of gratitude are suitable to be sent more often. And if you want to try a little harder, grab a thank you card and write your thanks in calligraphy.
This post of thank you sayings, gratitude quotes, and top-notch poetry is here to help. Take what fits or let yourself be inspired to create your own words.
I wish you a lot of joy and a unique feeling of gratitude!