Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is a national day that honors the legacy and life of an individual who provided optimism and healing America by ensuring equality for all of us regardless of race.
Today, we commemorate the timeless lessons the man taught by examining his groundbreaking phrases that are equally important today like they were 50 years ago.
As an individual who believed in the principles of justice, truth compassion, courage, and truth His character and his leadership have a profound impact on our lives. This holiday season, go through 45 inspiring Quotes About Equality that will inspire your child to pursue their dreams and to stand in solidarity for equality.
We are struggling for a uniting word,
but the good news is that
we have a uniting movement.
Quotes About Equality
- “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” —Madeleine Albright
- “Candor is a compliment; it implies equality. It’s how true friends talk.” –Peggy Noonan
- “Democracy does not guarantee equality of conditions ―it only guarantees equality of opportunity.” –Irving Kristol
- “Political Freedom without economic equality is a pretense, a fraud, a lie; and the workers want no lying.” –Mikhail Bakunin
- “Gender equality is more than a goal in itself. It is a precondition for meeting the challenge of reducing poverty, promoting sustainable development and building good governance.” –Kofi Annan
- “All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.” –Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women.” –Joss Whedon
- “No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer.” –George Orwell
- “The boundaries of democracy have to be widened so as to include economic equality also. This is the great revolution through which we are all passing.” –Jawaharlal Nehru
- “The history of the past is but one long struggle upward to equality.” –Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- “All this talk about equality. The only thing people really have in common is that they are all going to die.” –Bob Dylan
- “Equality means nothing unless incorporated into the institutions.” –Slobodan Milosevic
- “We all should know that diversity makes for a rich tapestry, and we must understand that all the threads of the tapestry are equal in value no matter what their color.” -Maya Angelou
- “I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.” ―Winston Churchill.
- “A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men.” ―Gloria Steinem.
- “Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in.” —Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” —Melinda Gates
- “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” —Rihanna
- “I never doubted that equal rights was the right direction. Most reforms, most problems are complicated. But to me, there is nothing complicated about ordinary equality.” –Alice Paul
- “I want our future leaders to know what’s possible and to be part of a world where diversity and gender equality aren’t special programs but the natural way of operating.” –Pierre Nanterme
Quotes About Equality and Justice
- “Equality is not in regarding different things similarly, equality is in regarding different things differently.” –Tom Robbins
- “Marriage equality is about more than just marriage. It’s about something greater. It’s about acceptance.” –Charlize Theron
- “Fairness does not mean everyone gets the same. It means everyone gets what they need.” –Rick Riordan
- “Equality is the public recognition, effectively expressed in institutions and manners, of the principle that an equal degree of attention is due to the needs of all human beings.” –Simone Weil
- “I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We’ve been taught that silence would save us, but it won’t.” —Audre Lorde
- “I do not wish women to have power over men; but over themselves.” —Mary Wollstonecraft
- “Women, like men, should try to do the impossible. And when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others.” —Amelia Earhart
- “The first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn, but to unlearn.” —Gloria Steinem
- “No matter what issues I have with feminism, I am a feminist. I cannot and will not deny the importance and absolute necessity of feminism. Like most people, I am full of contradictions, but I also don’t want to be treated like shit for being a woman. I am a bad feminist. I would rather be a bad feminist than no feminist at all.” ― Roxane Gay
- “When a man gives his opinion, he’s a man; when a woman gives her opinion, she’s a bitch.” —Bette Davis
- “No woman should be told she can’t make decisions about her own body. When women’s rights are under attack, we fight back.” —Kamala Harris
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” —Alice Walker
- “My hope for the future, not just in the music industry, but in every young girl I meet, is that they all realize their worth and ask for it.” —Taylor Swift
“Security is mostly a superstition.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”
Short Quotes About Equality
- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life —to be happy. It’s all that matters.” —Audrey Hepburn
- “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” —Ella Fitzgerald
- “We ask justice, we ask equality, we ask that all the civil and political rights that belong to citizens of the United States, be guaranteed to us and our daughters forever.” —Susan B. Anthony
- “I was smart enough to go through any door that opened.” —Joan Rivers
- “There’s nothing complicated about equality.” –Alice Paul
- “Equality implies individuality.” –Trey Anastasio
- “Equality consists in the same treatment of similar persons.” –Aristotle
- “We are all equal in the fact that we are all different.” –C. Joybell C.
- “We have power. We have influence. We can do things that others have told us we can’t do. I don’t care how big you are. I don’t care how high you think you are. If you come for me, I’m coming for you.” ― Maxine Waters
- “End the “angry black girl” narrative. It’s just another attempt to undermine certain perspectives. I have strong opinions. I am not angry.” ― Amandla Stenberg14. “When girls are educated, their countries become stronger and more prosperous.” ― Michelle Obama
- “Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we’re opened, we’re red.” ―Clive Barker.
- “Whatever is my right as a man is also the right of another.” ―Thomas Paine.