All people feel lonely and misunderstood at times. You are not alone sayings or quotes help us in moments like this to recognize that we have like-minded people and that other people are having similar experiences.
Perhaps you are going through a difficult time, bereavement or have been bitterly disappointed. Or you know someone who has been caught up in the storm of life and now needs comfort.
As one of the many quotes from “The Little Prince” claims: One can be very lonely among people.
In this article, you will find wisdom and aphorisms on the topics of loneliness and being alone, security, friendship, and connectedness. They are intended for reflection and for sending via WhatsApp.
You are not alone in sayings – thoughts from strong people
You hear it quite often: “You are not alone.” Sometimes it sounds like an empty shell, you no longer believe these words… Here are quotes to fill the shell.
Wisdom from strong people brings inner peace and reconciliation with oneself and the world.
Quotes about friendship
Friends should be loyal and reliable. The family is also a haven, or at least it should be, as the many quotes and aphorisms about the most important community suggest.
Sayings about loyalty reveal which people are worth our trust. Here are a few quotes, but each one is thought-provoking in a different way.
- “The friendship, love, and attachment of men are acquired only by friendship, love, and attachment to them.” – Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 – 1860)
- “The inclination to friendship often comes suddenly, but friendship itself takes time.” – Aristotle (384 – 322 BC)
- “Same misfortune makes friendship.”
Quotes about security
Security is another word for love, don’t you agree?
These quotes bring back memories that show we all know what comfort is. And when we look at it that way, suddenly we’re not so alone anymore, are we?
- “What is security? Security is two open arms that enclose you and in which you feel safe, but not restricted.”
- “Only those who have experienced love know security.” – Franz Schmidberger (*1942)
- “A letter can be like a tender hug that gives security.” – Christina Telker (*1949)
- “Whoever gives security lets the other flee into himself like a child…” – Elmar Kupke (1942 – 2018)
- “We humans always long. And the main goal of longing, that is security.” – Rainer Kaune (*1945)
- “Home is the place that not only gives us security but also a departure and returns.” – Ernst Reinhardt (*1932)
- “Celebrating Christmas in the comfort of your family is probably the best gift of all these days.” – Roswitha Bloch (*1957)
- “There is nothing more beautiful than being loved, loved for its own sake, or rather; in spite of himself.” – Victor Hugo (1802 – 1885)
Quotes about being alone
People who often alone think a lot about themselves and life. We all know that being alone doesn’t have to mean loneliness.
However, as we can see from the following quotes, being alone can make us strong, independent people.
- “The more people who believe something, the greater the likelihood that the view is wrong. People who are right usually stand alone.” – Soren Kierkegaard (1813 – 1855)
- “Alone is better than a bad companion, but a righteous companion is better than loneliness.” – Mohammed (around 570 – 632), Arab founder of Islam
- “Being alone is not unhappiness.” – Ernst Ferstl (*1955)
- “Being alone is different from being lonely. When I’m alone, I’m self-sufficient because I feel one with everything.” – Helga Schäferling (*1957)
- “If you have a cat, you don’t have to fear being alone.” – Daniel Defoe (1660 – 1731)
- “There is no therapy in togetherness for unsuccessful solitude.” – Peter Lauster (*1940)
- “One who feels misunderstood knows what it means to be alone, and we all feel that at times.” – Paul Schibler (1930 – 2015)
- “It’s far better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington (1732 – 1799)
- “Being alone is the hardest thing, being alone is the best.” – Hans Krailsheimer (1888-1958)
- “You are nothing, nothing without the others. The most dogged misanthrope needs people if only to despise them.” – Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach (1830 – 1916)
- “We’re rarely proud when we’re alone.” – Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
- “What I’ve accomplished is just the success of being alone.” – Franz Kafka (1883 – 1924)
Quotes about loneliness
Especially new mums often feel lonely. Yes, being a mother is a very special challenge and actually a lonely affair. All mothers know this only too well.
But loneliness can be like a blacksmith grinding a diamond, as the following proverbs show.
- “Solitude has many friends.” – Ulvi Gündüz (*1969)
- “The loneliness. That’s the others.” – Peter Rudl (*1966)
- “Solitude is the school of wisdom.”
- “Solitude is a beautiful thing, but you need someone to tell you loneliness is a beautiful thing.” – Honoré de Balzac (1799 – 1850)
- “Those who feel doomed to solitude can still do things to make their solitude blessed.” – Arthur Schnitzler (1862 – 1931)
- “Solitude gives the mind a sense of self.” – Bettina von Arnim (1785 – 1859)
- “A big city means big loneliness.” – Erasmus of Rotterdam (1469 – 1536)
- “Solitude shows everyone their innermost core.” – Helene Schlatter (1764 – 1832)
- “Solitude is a beautiful thing when you’re at peace with yourself and something to do.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 – 1832)
- “I live in that solitude painful in youth but delightful in the years of maturity. – Albert Einstein (1879 – 1955)
- “True loneliness doesn’t necessarily have to do with how alone you are.”– Charles Bukowski (1920-1994)
- “When we feel lonely, we should examine our attitude towards other people.” – Dalai Lama (*1935)
Quotes about connectedness
The following beautiful lines are also well suited as an encouraging good morning saying. Be sure to read on!
A heaven on earth
I can’t give you
but my thoughts
those in loving connection
travel to you on clouds.”
– Heidemarie Andrea Sattler (*1963)
- “Our souls
into each other
Find light Security.”
– Hans-Christoph Neuert (1958 – 2011)
be able to laugh and cry,
feel an intimate connection
live honesty and openness,
ask, express, and accept thanks,
oneness in two”
– Silke Kuehn
Read also: 50+ Dark Quotes About Life That Will Help You Find The Light
Encouragement – You are not alone sayings and quotes
Honest thoughts from decent people are the best thing to read in hard times. Here I have selected particularly beautiful wisdom that should cheer you up and give you new hope.
- “Good wishes
more peace and friendship,
instead of hate, quarrels, and strife,
more help and kindness,
instead of egoism and envy,
more heart and feelings,
instead of cold and misery
then it would be in the world
a lot going on.”
– Oskar Stock (*1946)
- “My fellow human being who is waiting for my love, who needs my approval and friendship. My fellow human being, whom I can help, every day anew, with a friendly look, with a kind word, with an attentive hand:
He doesn’t live behind the mountains, he doesn’t live across the seas. My fellow is here!
Why am I looking for him so far away?”
– Phil Bosmans (1922 – 2012)
- “Some people will one day feel very lonely because of their greed. Only then will they realize that true love and friendship cannot be bought with all the money in the world.”
– Werner Braun (1951 – 2006)
- “If you face loneliness – don’t be afraid! It is a precious help in making friends with yourself.”
- “Nothing can man miss less than man. And you can’t live without love and friendship once you’ve experienced them. And despair about your own stupidity increases when you have to deal with it alone.”
– Jean de La Bruyère (1645 – 1696)
- “You and I – we are one. I can’t hurt you without hurting me.”
– Mahatma Gandhi (1869 – 1948)
- “You are not alone
Do not be sad!
I comfort you.
I take you in my arms
You’re not alone.
Have no fear!
I have your back.
I protect you.
You’re not alone.
Do not be sad!
Have no fear!
You’re not alone!”
– Gisela Baltes
You are not alone sayings – mourning sayings
Is a loved one going through a bereavement? Then be sensitive and thoughtful when choosing suitable funeral sayings.
Here are some suggestions for condolences.
- “That which gives meaning to life also gives meaning to death.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “Memory is the only paradise from which we cannot be expelled.” – Jean-Paul (1763 – 1825)
- “Shining days – do not cry that they are over, but smile that they have been.” – Confucius (551 – 479 BC)
- “Time may heal wounds, but it makes a miserable cosmetologist.” – Mark Twain (1835 – 1910)
- “Everything will be fine in the end. And if it’s not good, it’s not the end yet.” – Oscar Wilde (1854 – 1900)
- “I wish people would see that the limits of compassion are not where the world draws them.” – Vincent van Gogh (1853 – 1890)
- “The sorrow that does not speak quietly gnaws at the heart until it breaks.” – William Shakespeare (1564 – 1616)
From time to time we all feel alone. Whether sadness or happiness, especially with more extreme feelings, we have the impression of experiencing something extraordinary and unique.
Of course, that’s true. Our subjective experiences are just as true as universal values and truths. But let’s not forget: We humans are connected by similar experiences as well as similar views.
All of us have had to experience loss at some point. Each of us has grieved in our own way. Or felt joy. Our You are not alone sayings also bear witness to this.
The fact that we can understand these experiences and feelings proves that:
We are not alone!