Medical emergencies can take place at any location, either in your home country or in any foreign country. We all are aware of the fact that due to technological innovations, medical cost all over the world is rising day by day. At one time you might be able to afford the healthcare expenses incurred in your home country but the same expenses in another country may be higher. If you are not insured through health insurance for abroad then it might not be possible for you to get the best treatment from the best healthcare institutes and doctors available in the foreign country. Here are some benefits you can avail of when buying an international health insurance policy.
Benefits Of Getting Health Insurance For Abroad
- Provides international health coverage: The main benefit that a travel health insurance plan provides is the coverage of health care expenses incurred in a country other than your home country. When in your home country, you might have access to all the medical facilities at affordable rates due to a specific insurance plan. However, in foreign countries, medical cost varies and sometimes it can be so high to afford. In case you want to get medical treatment from the doctors available in an international country then it is always recommended to buy specific health insurance abroad so that you can receive the needed care without having any financial burden.
- Access to premium health care facilities: When moving to another country to avail universal health care facilities you must be thinking of getting your treatment from publically funded hospitals during your staycation. While public healthcare hospitals equipped with few specialized doctors might fulfill your basic medical requirements but for getting the best treatment you will have to go to private hospitals. These hospitals are equipped with the best medical facilities but the charges here are high. Health insurance plans for international countries guarantee you to access premium healthcare facilities at a reasonable price. Now you are free to choose the hospital and the doctor from whom you want to get yourself treated.
- Cover for a medical emergency: Medical emergencies are uncalled. You or your family member can go through a medical emergency at any time and any place. Sometimes you even don’t have enough savings to cover the healthcare cost, especially, in a situation when you are recommended to get your treatment from any other host country. It is when an international health insurance plan comes to your help. This particular plan covers the person for the medical expenses he or she might have to incur when getting emergency medical treatment from any particular foreign country. All medical charges, right from the ambulance service, charges of surgical treatment, and rehabilitation cost. Even if you need to immediately evacuate your family member from the current hospital to another one, then traveling charges are also covered by the insurance company.
- Getting support and expert guidance: There are some reputable insurance companies which not only provide you international health expenses coverage plan but also are equipped with professionals who are acquainted with local as well as global knowledge. These experts will provide you with the support and guidance related to the international hospitals and physicians you can get your treatment from. These companies ensure that you have the access to a global network of healthcare institutes and doctors for the treatments that are appropriate and medically necessary. Being a member of an international health insurance plan provides you the benefit of accessing the 24/7 helpline (in multilingual language) provided by a specific insurance company to know the details regarding the insurance plan.
- Covering daily medical expenses: It is to be noted that the international medical insurance policy not only covers the medical cost in the situation of emergency but also covers all the daily healthcare expenses that your family or you have incurred for getting the medical treatment. These expenses may include consulting from a doctor, dental treatment charges, routine check-up charges, getting laser eye treatment from the eye surgeon, and many others. This specific plan also covers maternity expenses.
- Covering personal accident: In case any person goes through any accident when traveling to any other foreign country, then he or she might not be worried about the expensive medical fee in that specific country. If you are already covered by the international health insurance plan then it is the particular insurance company that will bear all the healthcare expenses you might have incurred on getting the medical treatment from an international health institute. You can also claim the insurance company in case you suffered from any permanent physical disability due to the accidental injury.
A handful of insurance companies such as Care Travel Insurance does not only cover the international health costs but also provides many other benefits such as reimbursing for the lost baggage in the airline, flight delays, personal liability, etc.