Princess Eugenie has made a heartfelt promise to her late grandfather ahead of his funeral on Saturday.
As part of a lengthy tribute to Philip, Eugenie poignantly spoke of his love for his wife, the Queen.
“Thank you for your dedication and love for us all and especially Granny, who we will look after for you.”
The Duke of Edinburgh died last Friday aged 99.
Australians can watch LIVE coverage of Prince Philip’s funeral from 9:30PM AEST this Saturday 17 April on 7NEWS.com.au, Channel 7 and 7plus.
He will be farewelled at a ceremony at Windsor Castle on Saturday night.
Eugenie, Philip’s granddaughter, will be one of just 30 guests at the funeral due to limitations imposed by the pandemic.
On Thursday Eugenie made an emotional tribute to her grandpa, saying he would have been “so touched” by the tributes shared in the wake of his passing.
“People remember sitting next to you at a dinner, or shaking your hand once, who remember you saying hello in passing, or remember how much their DofE award meant to them,” she wrote on Instagram.
“I remember learning how to cook, how to paint, what to read. I remember laughing at your jokes and asking about your spectacular life and service in the navy.
“I remember incinerating the sausages and you swooping in to save the day.
Princess Eugenie, Prince William, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales watch a flypast from the balcony of Buckingham Palace in 2007. Credit: Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
“I remember your hands and your laugh and your favourite beer.
“I will remember you in your children, your grandchildren and great grandchildren.”
She shared the post alongside photographs of her and her sister Princess Beatrice standing with Philip.
Eugenie had not spoken about Philip’s passing up until her post on Thursday.
It’s believed she waited until her cousins, William and Harry, made public comments.
Prince Philip funeral guest list
1. Queen Elizabeth II – Wife of Prince Philip
2. The Prince of Wales – Prince Charles, son of Prince Philip and the Queen
3. The Duchess of Cornwall – Camilla, wife of Prince Charles
4. The Duke of Cambridge – Prince William, son of Prince Charles, grandson of Prince Philip and the Queen
5. The Duchess of Cambridge – Kate, wife of Prince William
7. The Duke of York – Prince Andrew, son of Prince Philip and the Queen
8. Princess Beatrice – Daughter of Prince Andrew, granddaughter of Prince Philip and the Queen
9. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi – Husband of Princess Beatrice
10. Princess Eugenie – Daughter of Prince Andrew, granddaughter of Prince Philip and the Queen
Prince Harry and Prince Philip. Credit: The Royal Family
11. Jack Brooksbank – Husband of Princess Eugenie
12. The Earl of Wessex – Prince Edward, son of Prince Philip and the Queen
13. The Countess of Wessex – Sophie, wife of Prince Edward
14. Lady Louise Windsor – Daughter of Prince Edward and Sophie, granddaughter of Prince Philip and the Queen
15. Viscount Severn – James, David Albert Charles Armstrong-Joneson of Prince Edward and Sophie, grandson of Prince Philip and the Queen
16. The Princess Royal – Princess Anne, daughter of Prince Philip and the Queen
17. Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence – Husband of Princess Anne
18. Peter Phillips – Son of Princess Anne, grandson of Prince Philip and the Queen
19. Zara Phillips – Daughter of Princess Anne, granddaughter of Prince Philip and the Queen
20. Mike Tindall – Husband of Zara
King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery rehearse on the Long Walk as preparations take place ahead of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh funeral on April 15, 2021. Credit: Christopher Furlong/Getty Images
21. Earl of Snowdon – David Albert Charles Armstrong-Jones, son of the late Princess Margaret, nephew to the Queen
22. Lady Sarah Chatto – Daughter of the late Princess Margaret, niece to the Queen
23. Daniel Chatto – Husband of Lady Sarah Chatto
24. Duke of Gloucester – Prince Richard, cousin of the Queen
25. Duke of Kent – Prince Edward, cousin of the Queen
26. Princess Alexandra – Cousin of the Queen
27. Bernhard, Hereditary Prince of Baden – Grand-nephew of Prince Philip
28. Prince Donatus, Landgrave of Hesse – Cousin of Prince Philip
29. Prince Philipp of Hohenlohe-Langenburg – Grand-nephew of Prince Philip
30. The Countess Mountbatten of Burma – Close friend of Prince Philip
Source by 7news.com.au